Thursday, September 23, 2010

Lots of Green Tomatoes

The cool, rainy weather continues here and I noticed today that one of the tomatoes was rotting on the vine. So I packed it in, and harvested them all. Five pounds of mostly green tomatoes. I think a few of them will ripen off the vine but most of them won't. Any ideas for green tomato recipes?


The fall garden still has some good stuff going on. Lettuce is still coming, and carrots and beets are still putting in some time in the dirt. I planted these bush beans in mid-August, just for the heck of it but not really knowing if the'd have enough time to produce before it got cold. They seem to be coming along alright, and little teeny beans are growing a bit every day.

1 comment:

moretta said...

I think the frost might make the beets a bit sweeter, but of course Ali is the pro so I'd ask her! The carrots might be a water issue - too much = split? I like your little tiny ones.. they look like they'd be awesome roasted whole with brussel sprouts!